Bottleneck Management operates vibrant, upbeat, restaurants across the U.S. With multiple concepts that have distinct differences, each location ultimately shares friendly service, vast craft beer selections, intelligently designed wine lists, a full liquor bar, and classic American cuisine. Some of their well-known brands include: City Works, Old Town Pour House, South Branch Tavern & Grille, Sweetwater Tavern & Grille, and Howells & Hood.
The Challenge: Continuous Connectivity Across All Locations
With the continuous growth the business has been experiencing, Bottleneck Management needed a more reliable, single source, IT partner that would be able to grow and scale alongside them. Some of the specific challenges & initiatives include:
- Downtime of several hours or more with previous IT provider which led to unproductive employees in the corporate office & restaurants.
- Increased customer demand for strong & reliable WiFi at the restaurants. Restaurants are not only a place to eat anymore, people go there to do business as well as interact on social media. Making sure each location has the proper Internet connections & bandwidth to meet the expectations of its customers is essential.
- Ability to streamline restaurant to home office communication & vice versa.
- Improve organization, access & consistency of shared corporate materials such as: Employee Handbook, I-9 Forms, Cleaning Instructions, Recipe Books, etc.
The Solution: A Single Point of Contact for Bottleneck Management’s IT Needs
With an IT Support agreement in place, The SMB Help Desk serves as a single point of contact for Bottleneck Management’s IT needs. Taking a phased approach to address the growing needs of Bottleneck Management & its restaurants:
- We started with replacing the phone solution for the entire corporate office & providing our IT Help Desk service for any one-off issues.
- In phase 2, we worked on upgrading their equipment, updating their firewalls & switches, re-configuring all of the restaurants’ networks; and improving the bandwidth of each location. By doing this, each location is able to give their customers a better overall experience by letting them be connected to the Internet while dining in.
- For phase 3, we implemented Office 365 to serve as the main communication & collaboration platform across all the restaurants & the home office.
The Results: Improved Network Connectivity & Reliable IT Support
- By leveraging SharePoint, the team has access to up-to-date corporate materials such as I-9 Forms, Employee Handbook, Recipe Books, Cleaning Instructions & more – creating a universal language across all locations.
- Improved network connectivity at each restaurant to better meet the expectations of customers needing access to the Internet.
- Confidence in The SMB Help Desk’s response time & ability to solve the problem quickly when issues arise.
- A 90% reduction in downtime due to the response time & skill set of The SMB Help Desk team saving the business money from the cost of multiple lost hours of productivity in its employees.